Updated May 24th, 2018
INFORMATION THAT IDENTIFIES YOU
We rely on the information you provide to us as you register, contact us, participate in surveys, post comments to public areas of and interact with our web sites, respond to our email campaigns, and participate in webinars or online events. We may also add data from external sources including your professional interests on websites other than ours. We will add information about how you interact with our offerings, your subscriptions, the events you attend, the content you download or read, and the like.
We may work to expand our communities by acquiring names and contact details from other sources that have compiled contact information. This information might be public information or data you provided with necessary permissions. We may also invite you to join our communities via third party social and professional networking sites.
AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
We gather date, time, certain information about a user’s browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences and their geographic locations.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION THAT IDENTIFIES YOU
We use information about you:
- to provide the services, publications, and information you request and to manage your account with us.
- to deliver or display content that matches your professional interests and responsibilities.
- to contact you with information about and invitations for products and services – ours and other companies – directed to your professional interests and responsibilities.
- to contact you, advertise to you or invite you to join us on social media platforms on which you participate.
- to offer you opportunities to connect directly with your peers and with sellers of technology that may be of interest to you.
- for any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information.
Please help us keep your account information up to date. You may update most online registrations by consulting the particular web site itself or visiting a preference page after you have logged on to the site.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We share information about you so that we can connect you directly with other companies.
In addition to providing you with our own editorial content, we offer you the opportunity to access others’ branded content and expertise. When you choose to take advantage of that content or expertise, you choose to have your name and contact details transferred directly to the other companies. We will put you in direct contact with other companies when you choose to:
- Access a specific webcast, online event, website, newsletter, or other offering which is sponsored or co-sponsored by other companies and choose to opt-in to share your information with that sponsor or co-sponsor. If you have enabled our automatic recognition cookie, as described below, you need only click to download or register for the asset or opportunity. You can learn about the sponsors and co-sponsors of the event for which you are registering on the registration website. Please visit our website frequently because the sponsors and co-sponsors for webcasts, online events, websites, newsletters, and other offerings may be updated from time to time.
- Attend one of our face-to-face events and voluntarily share your contact information with one of our sponsors. It is up to you to decide whether to share your contact information with a specific exhibitor. If you allow your badge to be scanned by a particular exhibitor at one of our face-to-face events, we will share your contact information (name, company name, job title, phone number, and email address).
We may also disclose information about you to other third parties, including, for example, vendors that work on our behalf, law enforcement or other entities in order to respond to court orders or valid subpoenas, or to protect human safety or our networks or property, and third parties as part of a merger or sale of some or all of our business assets.
MAKING INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE PUBLIC.
- Our Slack community (Productcollective.slack.com) allows you to publish content. Upon registering, you are asked to provide your name or username. The name and/or username you provide at registration, along with other profile information that you submitted, will be available to others that have access to the Slack community.
- Our online event venues also require that you be registered with PC and allow you to have both public and closed communications with exhibitors and other participants. Information that identifies you will be published or shared according to your choices.
- We also offer apps at our face to face events, allowing you to communicate and publish to others who have also downloaded the app.
- These apps and online communities may provide privacy controls which allow you to choose how much of your profile and other information to make public or to share with others within the community. As a professional, you remain responsible for locating the privacy controls (usually available on the page from which you can edit your profile), understanding how those controls, including default settings, work and protecting the information you provide.
- We may share anonymized information about you as an attendee to sponsors and potential sponsors. This information includes Job Title, Company, and Location. However, in these cases, it does NOT include any personally identifiable information such as name, email address, or phone number. We only share personally identifiable information in cases where you expressly grant us permission to do so, as described in the section below.
You have a choice about:
Email Messages from Us
- You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. Please note that we have a number of brands and products and allow you to opt out selectively. To remove a specific email address from all PC email marketing, you may send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject, “PLEASE REMOVE.”
- Please note that you may receive email marketing messages from us about other companies’ offerings as part of a list rental or partner marketing programs – but only if you have given us permission to do so. We do not disclose your contact details to the partners, and we do not sell your data. You have the option of contacting the other company directly if you click on the links within the email. To opt out of our partner marketing programs, you may follow the instructions at the bottom of any email we send you as part of the program.
We may place cookies that identify you, or allow third parties to do so on our behalf, for the following purposes:
- to recognize you automatically when you return to any of our web sites or online offerings or registration pages.
- to understand your interests in content, both our own content and that of other companies, on or across our web sites.
- to control access to gated online events including webinars and virtual events.
- to make an automated record of your interests within a virtual event.
- to manage and follow up on email campaigns.
You may use the tools in your browser to decline, disable, or delete any cookies.
You may choose to be recognized automatically when you visit any PC online property or access any co-branded or sponsored content or opportunity, for example, a webinar. We hope this capability makes your experience with us easier. If you do not enable the automatic recognition cookie, or block it after you have allowed it, you will simply be asked to log in or register on every site and as you access or register to attend any co-branded or sponsored offering.
We may use separate cookies to record your professional interests on our properties. The first may record your behavior on our sites and any online offerings, primarily what content you read or download. The second allows us to manage email campaigns and to record your interests in email content. We may use these two tracking cookies to tailor the marketing messages we send to you and to begin to personalize what you see when you visit our web sites. If you use your browser tools to block or disable either cookie then we will not be able to tailor your experience to your interests.
You must accept the session cookie used to manage access to registration-only online events for the duration of your participation in the event.
Third party Advertising Cookies
PC does not currently allow third-party advertisers to advertise directly on our website. However, we may add Third Party Advertisers from time to time. We urge you to check this section for changes regularly.
We collect and process information on servers around the world.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information against theft, loss, or misuse. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that all administrative personnel use software on their computers that requires a password after a certain period of inactivity, deletion of any attendee or member lists on computer hard-drives every 30 days, avoidance of printing physical copies of attendee or member lists, and other precautions.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information about you and your professional interests, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you submit to us. You remain responsible for protecting your user name and passwords and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
Please note that virtual events may mimic face-to-face events by automatically displaying information about you to other participants in the event. We cannot control how other participants use that displayed information, so please take a moment to make sure you understand how a particular virtual event works and what choices you have within the environment.
Our products, services, events and offerings are directed to professionals. If we create a special offering for children under the age of thirteen, we will also create privacy practices and policies appropriate for that age group.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Product Collective LLC
1477 Cohassett Avenue
Lakewood, OH 44107